The 2016 Call For Papers is now open!
WCDM is the largest, most diverse annual global event addressing all aspects of emergency management and business continuity preparedness, response and recovery.
WCDM is annually refined to better respond to attendee feedback in a changing world.
New for 2016 is:
- Emphasis on a before-during-after crisis cycle
- Increased focus on practical approaches to save time and money in planning to then improve preparedness
WCDM is a unique opportunity to learn and network with professionals from as many as 40 countries. The 2016 Conference will include more than 50 presentations over 2 days, plus expanded pre and post conference programs design to help deepen learning and strengthen practical application. In addition, take advantage of many diverse networking opportunities and visit the leading industry suppliers on the robust trade show floor.
WCDM educates passionate professionals so they can:
- Learn globally to improve locally
- Learn across silos from other countries, industries, and professional roles
- Make improved impacts in career, organization and community
WCDM accelerates learning and impact through:
- Methods to more quickly complete daily projects and stretch objectives
- Network globally and locally to find expertise to more effortlessly achieve objectives
- Enabling people and organizations to save time and money – preparedness is easiest when better methods give people time to breathe
For 2016, we want to look at disasters through the other end of the telescope by initially focusing on the broad picture of disaster anticipation, coping and recovery, rather than zoom in straight away on existing key disciplines. This encourages more creative thinking to match the needs of each phase in a world that is becoming turbulent faster than organizations are becoming resilient.
For information regarding the program, contact: